- I have a custom "Help Topic" with form field for datetime.
- When I fill in the forms helptopic and create th ticket.
- I choose "now" for the current date/time in the form which displays correctly.
- The ticket is submitted and the field shows the correct time post submission.
- An alert email gets sent that references this same datetime field in the template and shows the incorrect time as if the timezone is +0000 rather than the timezone reflected in the actual ticket.
- The imap and smtp works fine and times/dates are correct on email headers.
Here's some other relevant information. I'm fairly certain that I'm looking at a bug in the email alert templates for new ticket.
So date/time is correct everywhere except when the alert email is generated using this datetime form field.
Local time: Mon 2023-03-06 13:22:23 EST
Universal time: Mon 2023-03-06 18:22:23 UTC
RTC time: n/a
Time zone: America/Toronto (EST, -0500)
System clock synchronized: yes
NTP service: inactive
RTC in local TZ: no
Description: Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)
PHP 8.0.28 (cli) (built: Feb 14 2023 18:26:48) ( NTS )
Copyright (c) The PHP Group
Zend Engine v4.0.28, Copyright (c) Zend Technologies
with Zend OPcache v8.0.28, Copyright (c), by Zend Technologies
; Defines the default timezone used by the date functions
date.timezone = America/Toronto
Welcome to the MariaDB monitor. Commands end with ; or \g.
Your MariaDB connection id is 10723
Server version: 10.5.18-MariaDB-0+deb11u1 Debian 11
MariaDB [(none)]> SHOW GLOBAL VARIABLES LIKE 'time_zone';
| Variable_name | Value |
| time_zone | SYSTEM |
1 row in set (0.097 sec)