+1 urgent for me as well. Our organization just informed my that our email account will have Basic Authentication turned off in 3 months 6/21
@auronmessatsu @blueyeguy @greg2000
We are still working on implementing this into the codebase. The way it will work is use OAuth2.0 to authenticate via IMAP/POP3 and SMTP.
Thanks for the update KevinTheJedi look forward to the completion.
KevinTheJedi It is a great news! Thank you.
Any information on when this will be available?
Any update regarding the OAuth2 integration?
Still in development but near the end. Will be coming soon, so please stay tuned.
KevinTheJedi Thank you for the update.
Is there an update? Thank you
MS delayed due to Covid. They also said back in Feb:
"The first change is that until further notice, we will not be disabling Basic Auth for any protocols that your tenant is using."
More information about this topic here:
Also interested in this. We are switching from Spiceworks to osTicket. The main reason we do not like spiceworks is because it is basically forcing us to the cloud. We would rather keep something locally hosted that works with Oauth.
Still in progress. Should be released early next year as part of a Release Candidate then a full release once tested.
I like to help on this. Please let me know the GIT repo so I will clone it and will make corrections.
Our code for this is internal only right now. We will release a test build soon. Please stay tuned.
KevinTheJedi Has there been any update on this? Our Org has made some changes and if its not supported soon I'm afraid we are going to have to drop OSTicket....
The update is we hope to have it released by the end of May. We are currently wrapping up the OAuth2.0 side of things then once complete we are connecting it to the new mail backend and doing some final testing.
KevinTheJedi Hate to pester again but I'm geting pressure from higher ups has a specific date been decided for the release that will have the support for Oauth2.0?
No, we don’t at this time. RC is still slated before the cutoff.
KevinTheJedi Sorry to pester again the reason I ask is our organization has decided to push the requirement sooner than microsoft has. Is there a specific month the release is planned for?