@jeffy We plan on putting together, with the help of the community, documentation on how-to configure and use osTicket including sample code for API implementation. The issues you reported will be addressed in the next release candidate - fixes will be available in 'develop' branch by tomorrow or so.
* "overlords" note - was meant to showcase admin note (internal joke perhaps).
For the problem of opening ticket in staff mode, the problem is located around the if condition starting at line 163 of the ticket-open.inc.php file.
I take advantage of making this post to ask a question: (it's not a feature request)
in staff mode, we can open a ticket with a due date, we also can edit ticket to change this due date. Why can't a customer specify and modify a due date from customers interface ?
EDIT : here are my other comments. But, I can thank you all because I think ost has improved in a good manner :)
- when connected on the same machine, with two
- Still have warnings when installing (from apache server)
Client Interface :
. Knowledge base not included even though the option is set in parameters.
Staff Panel :
. Knowledge base
- on default page => select box for searching by topic is a little bit too high : overhead on upper elements of the form
- Canned Replies default page :
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected end of file in /var/www/html/ost/include/staff/cannedreply.inc.php on line 122
. Tickets part
- when creating a new ticket, you select the department and help topic. Why is there no selection of help topics based up on department selection ?
if you do so, you can start a ticket with a help topic not directly "handled" by department...
- in my tests, I have 2 tickets, one assigned, one not assigned, both answered.
when I come to the tickets part, logged as a user who has nothing assigned to him, the answered tickets count is 1, but when I click, they are two...
. why knowledge base categories can't be associated with departments and private by department?
- when, in ticket list, the preview comes, why can't close the preview by clicking outside its zone ? (i think the question applies for every place there is a preview box)
- in my case, phone number is most of cases internal (4 digits). Is there a way to setup the minimum number of digits for phone number ?
- why is ticket assignment comment really mandatory? Can't it be optional ?
- I see in database tables that the table ticket_thread contains an "updated" column. Are you planning on the possibility to edit ticket replies ?
. Knowledge base :
- keeping track of modifications (when, who) and some previous versions for "rollback".
- save FAQ as PDF
. Tickets :
- when a ticket is associated to a given help topic, in staff panel, put a link to knowledge base for this help topic.
- Parameter whether phone number is mandatory or not.
- as you see ticket status as just open/closed, is it fair to add states "resolved" or "treated", "refused" and "canceled by user" and maybe "waiting for action"?
- is it possible to parametrize whether showing ticket thread in recent->old or old->recent mode ?
if a ticket thread is very very "big", everybody has to scroll to the end of ticket thread to get the answer
- Possibility to send the whole thread (but with no attachments files, except maybe new ones) in notifications
- Possibility of Email notifications in HTML, with personalizable parts (such as header
- Possibility of showing ticket age in ticket list instead of just its date of creation.
- Ticket linking/grouping (or merging)
- Ticket export to knowledge base
- Possibility for a staff to change of help topic (with keeping track of these changes)
- add a "state of progress" feature (if the help topic is a well defined one, with a procedure.. for customer service, it could be great...)
- recap with all files attached to the ticket (and the possibility to replace it)
- internationalization/multi-lang preparation.
- Webservice SOAP/JSON interface
- Multiple ticket types. For example : Demand / Issue / incident