Our system has been in product for 15 months. Last week, Professional Services (OST) upgraded us to 1.17.2, and we simultaneously installed PHP 8.1 to support this upgrade.
We've noticed that every email sent by the system was unreadable with a mime error (see screenshot).
We can reproduce this for new ticket auto responses, existing ticket responses, and the email diagnostic test utility. We have tried from all of our outbound email addresses. All emails are behaving this way, regardless of origin or type.
We are currently using Default MTA: None - use PHP mail function
We also have reproduced this same error using Default MTA: SMTP Account
This is an EMAIL that was set up in the Emails screen...
[Inbound] Mailbox Settings are blank
Email fetching settings are blank
[Outgoing] SMTP settings are configured to port 465, no authentication
In other words, nothing prevents the generated email from containing the mime error warning.
We're thinking this is probably a simple setting, or missing component somewhere, possibly in OST or PHP 8.1.